Friday, September 18, 2009

Ceremony #10

It´s sounds funny to say that I now feel comfortable with the most powerful entheogen on earth, but it is the truth. I have learned, after much suffering, how to manage the medicine inside my body. Sensing that the group had a lot of enthusiasm towards this ceremony, Luco gave everyone of us a quartz crystal to hold onto the entire night. Having shed my skepticism regarding holistic medicine and its effectiveness soon after my first Ayahuasca ceremony, I embraced the crystal with the upmost confidence in its ability to further enhance my transformation... Even if the details of its power were beyond my current understanding. The fact that quartz has been used in shamanism throughout history and all around the world told me that this was not just some new age hocus pocus. As I held the crystal all night I could feel an incredible energy flowing through the crystal and into my hand. It was almost as if the crystal had a life of its own, and ater doing some research on the use of quartz in shamanism, I believe this was in fact the case. In his book, "The Cosmic Serpent," Jeremy Narby points out that amazonian shamans, in particular, consider that spirits can materialize and become visible in quartz crystals. If you think about this in terms of Western thought, it still makes perfectly logical sense. Quartz is a crystal which means that it is an excellent receptor of photons (light). So what if these spirits were just the biophotons emmited by every living cell in the world picked up, and amplified by a quartz crystal? That would mean that spirits are made of pure light as has always been claimed (and witnessed by me personally and detailed in earlier blog posts). Put that in your pipe and smoke it!!! Going back now from this seemingly unnecessary rant, allow me to explain my experience with the quartz crystal. The crystal would emmit this unmistakable flow of energy that travled up my arm, into my heart, and then finally to the rest of my body. I have probably used the word "unexplainable" a million times by now, but that is the only word in my vocabulary as of now that I can use in trying to explain the healing power of the crystal. I would call it a kind of "cosmic flush." Like a foreign chemical such as Drain-o enters a toilet and cleans out the pipes, so did this unknown spirit clean out and regenerate every nanometer of my physical and spiritual self. It is no wonder that during this ceremony I experienced the largest purge to date. I purged so much that it was hard to believe where it all came from. It just kept coming and coming with no end. I practically filled up my bucket. All I can say is that what I was purging was coming from some very very deep places. Places that have not seen or felt light for what felt like centuries. The time after my purge was also very special for me because I could literally feel energy shifts within the ceremony house. If the group was happy I could feel the heavyness lift from the room and vise versa. I continued to be this open up until about 6AM when I was walking down to the river for my daily ritual. It felt great to be outside in the morning and be so open because I was able to percieve the little things in reality that we have trained ourselves to not acknowledge or ignore. An example of this would be the insect orchestra that is playing its heart out all around us all the time. I heard mosquitos, crickets, flies, moths, butterflies, you name it... All producing their distinct sounds in perfect unison. I have never in my life experienced anything like it. It goes back to the fact that all of nature is constantly communicating and us humans have at some point in time decided to stop listening and telling ourselves that "nature is mute." Well here is a reality check, nature does speak. Just not in a language we can understand without the use of psychoactive plants. Think about it, why do plants waste so much time and energy producing psychoactive alkaloids? To this day scientists have not been able to explain an evolutionary reason for plants producing these alkaloids. It is easy to see the reason if we step back and look at the world with new eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having an amazing time down there. Keep well!!

    ReplyDelete