Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ceremony numero uno!!!!

So, I had no idea what to expect for my first experience with Ayahuasca, but I was very excited. We entered the ceremony room at 10 pm and picked out our respective places that we wanted to sit or lie down. I sat directly across from Luco(the shaman) who had all these different healing stones and crystals laid out on a mat in front of him. Before we drank the Ayahuasca he made a cross on each of our foreheads with some sort of oily fragrance. I do not know the exact reason for this, but I believe it was to protect us and help open our third eye chakra. Anyways, now to the exciting part. He poured about half a shot glass full of Ayahuasca, blessed it with tobacco smoke, and handed it to me to gulp down. Wow, it did not taste good. It tastes like battery acid mixed with saw dust. So after we all drank the medicine, Luco began the icaros ( a sacred song shamans sing) and I waited for the effects to kick in. After about 30 minutes the visions apeared. All around me were eyes flying passed me and coming together into one all seeing eye surrounded in neon green light. I cant even describe the word for what I felt. It was so powerful, humbling, mysterious, and comforting all at the same time. I was glad to finally see what I have felt all along... that a supreme godhead exists (which we are all part of) and is watching over our indivbidual selves that have descended from one consciousness. I also tons of beuatiul patterns, and followed a wave of energy as it created the cosmos. However, while I began experiencing the visions I felt extremely nausious as dark energy wanted to be purged from my body. So as much as I wanted to focus on some important questions, Mother Ayahuasca kept bringing the focus back to me and my suffering. The point of showing me lying there in terrible discomfort was to teach me to be less selfish, and that true happiness comes from serving others. Instead of letting me escape into the visions, she basically said "you always think about yourself, well now you can think about the pain you are in, and that pain only for the hours to come." So I suffered and begged for the dark energy to leave and for myself to become the light. Finally I purged a lot of dark energy through vomiting. It felt amazing to get the energy out that my body was fighting so hard to keep inside. I could feel the Ayahuasca cleaning every part of my being of all the locked up fears, emotions, and crossed energies. By this time my visions had came to a halt and a laid there in deep contemplation and sheer bliss until I feel asleep at about 5am. It was a great night, and a great feeling to know that I had 29 more Ayahuasca ceremonies to go until I reach my new self!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment