Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ready to go!

So I have finally received all the necessary vaccinations and prescriptions needed for my travel into the Peruvian jungle! I was very surprised to find out how many vaccines I needed, as well as the amount of dangerous viruses I can potentially contract during my stay. Some of the lovely illnesses awaiting me include; Yellow Fever, Typhoid Fever, Hepatitis, Rabies, Dengue Fever, and many more. However, I feel confident that the Ayahuasca and my use of common sense will keep me safe in this regard. I still have to treat my clothing with Permethrin so insects don't eat me alive, but other than that, I'm packed and ready to go. I can already tell that the next nine days leading up to my departure are going to take an eternity. In the meantime I am going to brush up on my Spanish language skills, and shop around for some gifts to give to the people of Jenaro Herrera. I would be lying if I wasn't a little nervous, but I am eager to start this new chapter of my life.

2 comments:

  1. "First comes the view that God is a parental figure outside of ourselves, next, that we are God, and finally we realize that God is masquerading as us."

    -Alberto Villoldo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, the people in the jungle mostly don't speak spanish...

    ReplyDelete