Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Next Challenge

So I am in Iquitos for two days to resupply on things I need, and pull out some money for the next month. The next group does not begin until September 6th, and since I will have all this down time in the jungle, Luco and I decided I would spend eight of those days on a Sanango diet. This diet will be extremely physical and is not for the faint of heart. Any pains I have had in the past will return, my central nervous system will be recharged, and the energy in my body will shift. If thats not bad enough, for the entire eight days I have to be in complete isolation. I can not talk to anyone, use the internet, watch movies, eat salt, sugar, spices, or oil, and I am not allowed to use any soaps, deadorants, bug sprays, and toothpaste. In spite of the many turn offs, I feel that smelling bad, and enduring a week of feeling like crap is worthy trade off for an incredible streangth that will stay with me for life, and the synergy it will have with Ayahuasca. I plan to post my experiences on Friday, September 4th (my birthday!) when I get to break my fast and return to normal living conditions.

One Love

1 comment: