Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 1







Die Hard 4: Live Free or Die Hard is the worst movie ever. Sorry, I had to get that off my chest. Anyways. I have finally landed in Lima, Peru, and the persperation party has begun. I have never been in a place more humid in my life. None the less, I am stoked to be here. This place is incredible, and I have only seen the airport. Everyone and there mother are raging, women are singing, and the crazy Christian volunteer group is sitting infront of the Dunk n Donuts praying. The trip over here was a great time as well. I met this Peruvian guy named Walter ( I know, that doesn´t sound very Peruvian) at the Marina Bar at LAX while waiting for my flight to board and one thing let to another, and we were partying. When it came time to board, Walter arranged it so that we could sit next to eachother on the flight, which made the flight extremely enjoyable. Apart from ordering whiskey every five minutes, Walter gave me plenty of good advice regarding my travel to Iquitos and the Amazon Jungle. Everything from finding a taxi, to how to avoid getting my kidney stolen and soled on the black market, to how much money you have to pay for protection in prison if I ever get arrested (the guy would not stop talking about the mafia) was covered in our 8 hour flight. He thinks I am the craziest gringo in the world for coming out here alone, and especially crazy for going into the jungle alone. He has actually been the village I am going to and was able to paint a better picture for me as to what I will be facing. Not only that, he has also taken Ayahuasca and reassured me that it will change my life. When we landed he was even nice enough to help me navigate through immigration. It was pretty funny, the immigration officer gave me a 120 day visa, but only gave Walter (a Peruvian citizen) a 20 day visa. Anyways, the point I was trying to make was that it´s amazing where and when people will pop up into your life to help you along on your journey. It is true that when we whole heartedly work to acheive something, the universe consipires to help us.














Walter and his brother! Walter and I outside the airport!

1 comment:

  1. “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” Paulo Coelho, Mystical Author

    ReplyDelete